Based on Vishay FRED Pt® and HEXFRED® ultra-fast diodes, the VS series modules provide very soft recovery characteristics. They are easy to integrate into power converter and inverter designs, and may be readily combined in parallel configurations.
The modules’ excellent thermal efficiency means that they allow for the use of a smaller heat-sink than earlier generations of diode modules, while maintaining the same rate of power dissipation.
When combined with Vishay IGBT SOT-227 modules, it is possible to design a full converter consisting only of modules with a SOT-227 footprint.
The VS modules are available in a wide range of current and voltage ratings. Maximum forward current ratings range from 60A to 280A. Devices are available with reverse- recovery voltage ratings ranging between 200V and 1,200V.
- Low reverse-recovery times
- Anti-parallel diodes and single-phase bridges available
- Electrically-isolated baseplate
- Low forward voltage drop
- 175°C maximum junction temperature for FRED Pt® diodes
- Robust enough for use in welding equipment
- Welding machines
- Switch-mode power supplies
- DC-DC converters
- Motor-control systems
- Electric vehicle charging stations