The automotive-qualified AH336xQ and AH339xQ magnetic switches offer a wide range of operating sensitivities. Intended for position and proximity sensing in automotive applications, these contactless switches may be used in both the cabin and the engine compartment.
The AH336xQ and AH339xQ are activated when a magnetic South pole of sufficient strength is presented perpendicular to the package. They switch on when the magnetic flux density exceeds the defined operating threshold, BOP, and switch off when the flux density falls below the release threshold, BRP. Ten sensitivity options, ranging from a highly sensitive 30G BOP device to a low-sensitivity 275G BOP version, address the needs of a wide range of automotive applications.
The BOP and BRP thresholds provide a tight operating window with adequate hysteresis for reliable operation, while a low temperature coefficient ensures the stability of the switching points.
A chopper-stabilised design minimises offsets and gives fast power-on and response times, which are important in reducing sensing delays and accuracy errors.
- Good RF noise immunity
- Supply-voltage range: 3.0V to 28V
- Single open-drain output with over-current limit
- Zener diode clamp on Supply and Output pins
- 8kV ESD protection on the human body model
- Qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 0 over -40°C to 150°C temperature range
- Seat-buckle fastening detection
- Open, close and lock detection in doors and boot
- Position sensing for gear stick, wipers, mirrors and valves
- Sunroof and window control
- Steering lock/immobilisation
- Air-conditioning compression
- Contactless switches