OSRAM’s DEXAL® is a non-proprietary, intra-luminaire interface which is based on the DALI® communications standard for lighting equipment. It provides a power channel and enables bi-directional communication between a compatible OSRAM OPTOTRONIC® LED driver and DEXAL components integrated in lighting fixtures.
This DEXAL technology allows manufacturers to create smart, connected lighting fixtures with just a single interface which is supported by multiple lighting management systems.
By integrating DEXAL capability into new lighting equipment designs, and by using compatible OPTOTRONIC LED drivers, lighting manufacturers can provide various benefits to their customers.
• The DEXAL interface transforms conventional fixtures into smart nodes in a lighting-control network
• Luminaires with a DEXAL interface can extract valuable, fixture-specific data to support maintenance operations. This includes data on power and energy consumption, temperature profile, operating hours and diagnostic information.
OSRAM products which support the DEXAL interface include OPTOTRONIC LED driver modules. Compatible OPTOTRONIC drivers are available with a range of output-current ratings up to 1,400mA, and operate from an input-voltage range of 120V to 277V AC.
The drivers offer a constant-lumen function, and provide over-temperature protection when combined with an external temperature sensor. The drivers are compatible with DALI version 1, parts 101, 102 and 207.
OSRAM also supplies the DEXAL-compatible Connected Lighting Module (CLM). When integrated into a luminaire design, the CLM enables the luminaire to connect to wireless lighting management systems via a ZigBee® radio connection. The CLM may be installed in a standard 0.5″ knock-out in the luminaire’s housing.
- Works with OSRAM ENCELIUM®
- Able to control single or multiple luminaires in a single space
- UL recognised
- LED lighting equipment
- Lighting control networks