Eaton’s TV series of cylindrical supercapacitors uses an Electro-chemical Double Layer Capacitor (EDLC) construction combined with proprietary materials and processes to give very high energy storage capacity in a small volume.
This combination of advanced technologies allows Eaton to offer a wide variety of capacitor solutions in applications for back-up power, pulse power and hybrid power systems.
They can be applied as the sole energy storage device or in combination with batteries to optimise cost, lifetime and run-time. The TV series cells provide an emergency source of back-up power for programmable logic controllers or industrial PCs to enable them to perform a safe shut-down routine during a blackout or brownout event.
There are eight supercapacitors in the TV series: the smallest, the TV1020-3R0605-R provides a capacitance of 6F in a package which is 22.3mm long with a diameter of 10.5mm. The capacitance of the largest device, which is 60.5mm long and has a diameter of 18.5mm, is 100F.
Eaton also supplies a smaller series of industrial supercapacitor coin cells, the KW series, offering capacitance values from 0.1F to 1.0F. The operating voltage of the KW series is 5.5V.
- 3.0V maximum operating voltage
- Lowest ESR on the market for the highest power density
- Operating-temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Minimum 500,000 charge/discharge cycles
- UL recognised
- Long lifetime of up to 15 years at 2.5V at 40°C
- Utility meters
- RF radio pulse power
- Asset tracker power supply
- Discrete power units for automotive systems
- Industrial back-up power supplies