TwisterSIM is an electro-thermal simulator from STMicroelectronics which helps to accelerate the power-system design process for users of the company’s VIPower series of power ICs. It supports a wide selection of low- and high-side drivers and switches, and H-bridges for motor-control systems.
TwisterSIM shortens the design cycle for automotive applications by enabling the user to carry out, in a few clicks, complex engineering evaluations with accurate simulations. With TwisterSIM, users can perform:
• Load-compatibility analysis
• Wiring harness optimization
• Fault condition impact analysis
• Diagnostic behavior analysis
• Dynamic thermal performance analysis
A built-in interactive selector provides a shortlist of suitable VIPower devices based on basic system specifications. It helps the designer to configure the final application by supporting layout, load and driving-profile customizations.
Simulation results, including junction and case thermal profiles, load current and diagnostic behaviour, are shown on dedicated oscilloscope views. They may also be exported in a number of commonly used formats.
A trial version is available for download free at www.st.com/twistersim.
- Supply-voltage and input-signal source selection
- Load type selection
- Wire harness selection
- Ambient temperature selection
- VIPower technology tutorial
- User manual
- Exterior and interior automotive lighting
- DC motors for seat adjustment
- Door locks and window lifts
- Resistive heaters